Wednesday 20 March 2013

Of 6 Weeks Pregnancy

Not used to being treated like a princess or like a boss.

Guess it just doesn’t suit me to be one as I’m not used to being treated so well.  Well, I’m currently being treated so well that I somehow unsure how to react other than being grateful n pray duas for those people. I am currently not in a good condition as I don’t stop bleeding or spotting in which putting my pregnancy at risk. It is called threatened pregnancy and may lead to a miscarriage (naudzubillah). My doctor then gave me 3 days MC and make it compulsory and a must for me to bedrest for the whole 3 days and I have to cancel any physical activity including walking too much, driving, walk up and down the stairs, etcetera. And insyaAllah, I am getting  better now, Alhamdulillah. And that, explains why people are treating me so nice, huhu.

When I have my mother came around since last few days (she has now gone back to Terengganu this morning), she helped me with the household chores namely jemur baju,angkat baju, lipat baju, cooking for lunch, sapu-sapu rumah, etc. Now that she has gone back to Terengganu, my lovely husband is doing all those stuff for me. He even cooks for dinner, and buy me lunch so that I don’t have to cook. He does the laundry, and makes sure that I have everything I need in this room so I don’t have to go up and down the stairs to get stuff I need like water, kurma, or kismis to deal with my alahan. Basically, so that I can ‘bertapa’ in this room.

Well, I repeat, I am not used to being treated so well, even by my mother when I’m healthy and membesar seperti juara, but at times like this, people are so nice to me that I feel badly guilty seeing my husband doing the cooking, laundry and stuff, as well as seeing my mom coming here for jalan-jalan at jb ended up spending half of the time to actually helped me with the household chores, also is the winning point of making me feel guiltier. Yes,yes, make me feel more guilty, people! (well, this is not basically their intention) =)

I don’t know how husbands feel when the wives serve them their dinner, breakfast or lunch, make them a hot coffee or chocolate, do all the laundry and conducting all the household chores for them, but to us, wives, or at least some of use, we feel guilty seeing our husbands conducting all the household chores. Well, when they (husbands) actually SHOULD help us, (wives), with the household chores, we don’t really expect them to do it ALL.

Getting their assistance in conducting some of the chores is tremendously great for the wives, for example, when we have put some effort and energy to prepare the dinner or lunch or breakfast, we could be extremely happy to have our husbands to at least tolong angkat-angkat pinggan mangkuk n clear the table, and they can leave us washing the dishes, at least. Or they can just help to put in the dirty clothes and switch on the washing machine START button, and we, wives, can do the jemur-jemur one. When they get back from work, they can actually tolong angkat kain, bawak masuk rumah instead of just staring at the kain baju di ampaian tak terangkat tu. So helping the wives to certain extent can put the wives at the comfortably contented stage for being a wife to that kind of husband.

Smile.

BUT, to see the husbands actually serve the wives dinner for example, to prepare the lunch, do the laundry, somehow make the wives (or least me, in this case), feel guilty although however I am more than grateful to have an understanding and loving husband. Praise to God.

Of course, you could ask any women in this whole wide world, whether or not they are happy to have a helpful husband, even our prophet Muhammad always helped his wives with the household chores. But many husbands just don’t realize how much they can make their wives happy with some of their assistance. Well, men often do not know to treat or react to women because, er, obviously, because they don’t know how to. Therefore, there comes the need for us, women, to actually let them know how to do so. Depending on one’s style, I don’t actually have specific ways of telling my husband how he can help me with things I need; love, attention, tidiness, assistance in forms of energy or time, or even financial, hehe. 

Well, we have no right to deny that this species (read: men), they are not like women with more common sense. This species has somehow lack common sense (when dealing with women). So help them to nurture one. ;D And let’s try to be patient with them just like they are trying to be patient and cope with our womanly demands.

Well, what more can I ask for, I have a loving, understanding husband although sometimes blur sket-sket tu normal la.. macam la kita tak pernah buat salah kat husband kita.. lagi banyak in fact, mungkin tak sedar je.. (ouch). Husband are not like wives who are expert at expressing their feelings and thoughts. Husbands (read: men) tend to keep things to themselves, and rarely open up to their wives, even if they are trying to, more often than not, they only succeed in doing so with little success as interpersonal skills is more relatable and evident among women, generally. But still, husbands  should not stop learning, though. It’s worth thousand skies as it determines much of your happiness in your marriage. =)

p/s: seriously I should change this blog to marriage blog. Pfftt~ what happened to my zombie dakwah. Harus muhasabah. 



1 comment: