Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Chronicles of "The Practicum"- The 1st Day

July the 2nd,


only that I'm the teacher-not the student


Yeah, it's my first day attending this school as a teacher-trainee. My first time here. I don't know why I felt kinda nervous this morning when I was on my way to school. Well, basically, this is not the 1st school I went to, to do my practicum. I've been to few schools before for my school-based experience and for my research/mini thesis either in Malaysia or in New Zealand. I've been to more than 5 schools when I was in New Zealand -again, for my school-based experience. And on top of that, I even did my volunteer job as a teacher assistant and tutor at this one primary school in Auckland, full of native speakers, be it the teachers or the students, not so many immigrants there, and I'm the only Muslim Malaysian teacher there, teaching anak mat salleh and the Maoris, mingling in the groups of mat salleh teachers, alone, no other malay friends, and alhamdulillah it was a great experience AND YET, I got nervous to start my practicum at this school this time? 

Just why..?~

No idea why. Nevermind, because the 1st day was not bad and alhamdulillah, all praises to Allah, everything went well and basically, the 1st day was good.

My partner and I were even called up to be on the stage during the assembly, as the PK 1 wanted us to introduce ourselves to all the students and the teachers. 

We were like......

w-h-a-t.? -I thought we just need to stand from where we were sitting when our names were mentioned. Well guess I was wrong. Totally wrong. Kena naik stage berdiri kenalkan diri pulak dah... of course we were quite embarrassed as there were many male teachers there. Choi~ But what there's to do, teacher is a teacher and this is reality. Layan je~ 

"Bismillahirahmanirrahim, assalamualaikum semua. Nama saya Cik sekian-sekian ..." Then I got cheers and 'suwit2' (yg bunyi ngorat2 tu) from the students.

"Whoaaa...!! Wah namaaa...!! Peewiiit2..!"

Dalam hati "apa masalahnya..It's just a name, huu.." (-_-") But that did not surprise me by the way, because more often than not, people think I'm not using my real name, even for my FB name. Blame umi for this! hehe~ (ok je name tu sebenarnya, 2 patah perkataan je pun =)

Overall, 1st day was okay, macam biasa, got the list of jobs oredi: AJK hadiah hari sukan, AJK jualan kelab guru, in charge of English smart corner where I have to write new word,the meaning and sentence everyday throughout the 3 months practicum and carry out the 'pop-quiz' during the assembly every tuesday and wednesday every week-of course I do this with my partner. =)

Alhamdulillah 'ala kulli hal.. =)


Tomorrow is a Sukantara day! Ready to be on the field! ^^


1 comment:

  1. So cute. Cerita lagi byk byk bykkk please cikgu ira.

    ReplyDelete